#ScopeVlog 045: Dancing With Confidence in #PhysEd
by Joey Feith
Don’t miss out on any future LIVE episodes of the #ScopeVlog by following me on Periscope. You can also catch up on previous episodes of the #ScopeVlog on ThePhysicalEducator.com YouTube channel.
— ThePhysicalEducator (@phys_educator) October 25, 2016
Things I mentioned in this episode:
I got the idea for using the “Pop See Ko” dance from the K-2 Dance Module by OPEN.
For the Just Dance videos, I just search for different gameplays on YouTube.
Here are some teachers you should check out on YouTube to find inspiration for your dance units:
Here are the SHAPE America Grade-Level Outcomes that each of my grades focused on through our dance units:
- Combines locomotor and non-locomotor skills in a teacher-designed dance. (S1.E5.1)
- Moves in self-space and general space in response to designated beats/rhythms. (S2.E1.1)
- Performs a teacher and/or student-designed rhythmic activity with correct response to simple rhythms. (S1.E5.2)
- Combines shapes, levels and pathways into simple travel, dance and gymnastics sequences. (S2.E2.2)
- Combines locomotor skills in general space to a rhythm. (S2.E1.2)
- Performs teacher-selected and developmentally appropriate dance steps and movement patterns. (S1.E5.3)
- Employs the concept of alignment in gymnastics and dance. (S2.E4.3a)
- Combines balance and weight transfers with movement concepts to create and perform a dance. (S1.E12.3)
- Combines locomotor skills and movement concepts (levels, shapes, extensions, pathways, force, time, flow) to create and perform a dance. (S1.E11.3)
- Demonstrates correct rhythm and pattern for one of the following dance forms: folk, social, creative, line, or world dance. (S1.M1.6)
- Identifies how self-expression and physical activity are related. (S5.M5.6)
- Recognizes individual challenges and copes in a positive way, such as extended effort, asking for help or feedback, or modifying the tasks. (S5.M3.6)
Thanks for watching and happy teaching!
February 4, 2018
April 4, 2017
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Be notified when this #PhysEdU course launches and receive weekly updates from ThePhysicalEducator.com by signing up for our newsletter.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Join our newsletter and receive weekly emails with news and updates about the #PhysEd community.