The S.M.A.R.T. Goals Fitness Unit Teacher Pack provides you with all of the resources and tools that you will need to make this standards-based unit part of your middle school physical education program!
The unit was designed to help your students meet the following outcomes:
- Sets and monitors a self-selected physical activity goal for aerobic and/ or muscle- and bone-strengthening activity based on current fitness level.
- Identifies each of the components of the F.I.T.T. overload principle for different types of physical activity (aerobic, muscular fitness and flexibility).
- Designs and implements a program of remediation for an area of weakness based on the results of health-related fitness assessment.
In this Teacher Pack, you will have access to the following printable resources:
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals Fitness Unit Learning Roadmap
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals Fitness Unit Numbers Gradebook
- Fitness Analysis Sheet (with the test array I use)
- Fitness Analysis Sheet (with blank spaces for your own test array)
- F.I.T.T. Principle Exit Card (Google Form Link)
- S.M.A.R.T. Action Plan
- Workout Design Sheet
- Daily Exercise Journal
- S.M.A.R.T. Goal Reflection
- F.I.T.T. Principle Poster
- Exertion Scale Poster
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals Poster
- Warm-Up & Cool Down Posters
To learn more about the S.M.A.R.T. Goals Fitness Unit Teacher Pack, check out my thorough blog post on the unit in which I walk you through the design process, assessment tool development, and lesson outlines in a step-by-step process:View Blog Post